Do you love a dessert that is not too much laden with sugar yet taste awesome? If that is the case, then we have a great recipe for you: Bisquick shortcake recipe.
Preparing the cake is useful when you do not have much time to make shortcake from scratch then Bisquick shortcake recipe is what you need. We agree that it’s flavor may not satisfy you, but definitely, it will save your time.
Shortcakes are a good substitute for biscuits and they turned into an awesome dessert when topped and filled with strawberries and whipped cream.
In this article, have described a few interesting recipes regarding Bisquick shortcake recipe on a pan, Bisquick shortcake recipe for gluten-free, Bisquick shortcake recipe on high altitude and finally the nutritional value of the cake. So, let’s dive into our main discussion and try a recipe!
A few recipes to try anytime
- 2 1/3 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425-degree Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, sugar, and butter and make a soft dough.
- Drop by tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake the dough 10 to 12 minutes or until it turns into golden brown.
Bisquick strawberry shortcake
Bisquick strawberry shortcake is the ideal shortcake dessert for summer.
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1-quart strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix Bisquick baking mix with milk, sugar, and margarine and make a soft dough.
- Tenderly smooth batter into a ball on fabric secured board which is daintily floured with preparing blend.
- Ply 8 to 10 times.
- Move batter 1/2 inch thick
- Cut with 3-inch shaper floured with preparing a blend
- Prepare on ungreased treat sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or it transforms into brilliant dark colored.
- Split shortcakes and then fill the top with whipped cream and strawberries.
This cake has three other variations. These variations are made by slightly changing above general procedure. These three variations and their altered procedure are given below:
In case of preparing drop shortcake just follow the above procedure. The technique will change only in case of preparing the dough. While preparing dough, do not knead it.
In the case of Pan shortcake too do not knead dough and all other directions will remain to be the same. And as the name implies, you can use Pan of different dimensions, for example, 8×8 Pan, 9×13 pan.
Preparing shortcake at high altitude (3500 to 6500 feet)
To prepare shortcake in high altitude, follow the same procedure as you do for preparing Bisquick strawberry shortcake (given above). The difference is if you use the oven, then heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. For Pan shortcake, use round pan(9 x 1 1 /2 inches) or square pan (9 x 9 x2 inches). Bake round layer about 15 minutes. For the square layer, you need to bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Gluten-Free strawberry shortcakes
Gluten-free Bisquick strawberry shortcake is a classic dessert.
- 4 cups (1 qt) strawberries, sliced
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs(beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a small box mix strawberry with 1/4 cup sugar and set aside
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cookie sheet
- In a medium bowl, join Bisquick blend with the reaming 1/4 measure of the sugar. Cut in margarine with baked good blender or fork. Blend in a drain, eggs, and vanilla. Drop by six spoonfuls onto treat sheet.
- Bake it 10 to 10 minutes or until it becomes light golden brown color. let it cool for 5 minutes
- Split the shortcakes with a serrated knife.
- Fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
Strawberry shortcake has been a favorite dessert for generations. And why not be? The cake is loaded with fresh strawberries, topped with whipped cream, and piled upon a flaky shortcake. It is easy to make and are a perfect treat for all ages.
If things are that you love shortcake but do not love strawberry, there is no problem since you can replace strawberry with blackberry or any other berry. All of you need for this easy to make the cake is some sugar, milk, butter, and a baking pan. So, why not you try to make one as a dry run?